- Restoring the cuts to City retirees and making sure that their fund is financially sound and that it never happens again
- Improving Information Technology and communication
- Getting opportunities for those who want work and need a job
- Encouraging young people to consider public service as Police and Firefighters
- Restoring City Airport as a commercial/international port of entry
- Regulation of Medical Marijuana businesses in the City through an ordinance that is fair and equitable to citizens, per the actions taken in Lansing.
- And many other things that are needed.
Sunday, March 15, 2015
George Cushingberry has declared a No Elrick Zone, No Interviews
by The Friends of George Cushingberry Jr.
“Don’t be Confused, by watching Fox News“– Council member Pro Tem George Cushingberry Jr.
It is the position of Council member Pro-Tempore George Cushingberry Jr. that he will never grant an interview or feed into the sideshow dressed up as “news” with M.L. Elrick. Mr. Cushingberry is joining a long list of public servants who will not interview with this reporter. Mr. Cushingberry has declared a No Elrick zone and, will not participate in his side show of degrading and humiliating public officials for profit.
ML Elrick will continue to be an unwilling participant in Mrs. Obama’s Lets Move Program by chasing him down for buffoonery interviews. We do understand that Mr. Elrick needs a job and is doing it well. The last thing we want is another unemployed white man blaming a black man for losing his job. Mr. Elrick is always welcome in Detroit like any other citizen to party, and work here. In 2016 we will be getting faster tax refunds to the citizens and, be able to collect missing revenue from people who work but do not live here. This and other things like music enhancement with the people through training and education.
Incidents like sponsoring insubordination of Detroit Police Officers to supervisors, trespassing, slandering the name of Sgt. William Carter, and bearing false witness with Debra Gooden as a client of his law services is a growing list of improper acts by an employee of a news agency. We hope that officer Officer Ibrahamovic gets sensitivity training instead of being dismissed. To toss a 62 year old man around like a rag doll invokes memories of Selma, and the struggle for civil rights that Mr. Cushingberry vehemently fought for all of his life.
Until then, I will be working with my colleagues on the following:
Furthermore, when Council member Benson completes his stint in jail, the 9 of us will continue our work with the executive branch to take our city to the next level. Therefore, until a retraction is issued, Mr. Cushingberry will not interview with Fox 2 Reporter ML Elrick.