Google Ads

Friday, August 3, 2018

Obituary of Eddie Gaylor Sr. 1945-2018 - A True Friend and Co-Worker


Saturday August 4th  @ 10am - 1pm 
Northwest Unity Missionary Baptist Chrch
8345 Ellsworth, Detroit MI 48238 

Obituary

Mr. Eddie Gaylor Sr. was born on July 12, 1945 in Dyersburg, Tennessee. The son of Juanita (Will) and Ruby Nelson Gaylor. He was raised in the Baptist church and stood on his faith. He accepted the Lord Jesus as is Savior and became a member and trustee of Northwest Unity Baptist Church.




He received his education at Bruce High School in Dyersburg, TN and later received his bachelor’s degree at Central Michigan University.  He joined the United Stated Army in 1966 and was honorable discharged in 1969. Eddie was employed by Chrysler corporation as an executive leader until he retired. Upon retirement Eddie would later work for Detroit City Council until he could no longer work. In his spare time, he loved to golf and spend time with family and friends.

Eddie departed this life on July 25, 2018. He was proceeded in death by his parents Juanita (Will) and Ruby Gaylor; brothers, Charles Gaylor, Nelson Gaylor (Doris), James Gaylor (Mary), and Carl Gaylor.
Eddie Gaylor Sr. leaves to cherish his memories to carry on his legacy two sons Eddie Gaylor Jr. (Tammy) of Detroit, MI, Edrick Gaylor of Dyersburg, TN, and one daughter Ericka Gaylor of Detroit, MI, (3) grandchildren Mariah Gaylor, Delan, and Eddie Northington (Shania), (3) great grandchildren  and A host of nieces, nephews, cousins, and friends.

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.  In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told* you. I go to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.  And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. John 14; 1-4

Order of Service

Processional for the order of service ------------ Ministry and family
Scripture ---------------------------- --------------------- Ministry
Prayer------------------------------------------ Ministry
Solo --------------------------------------- Terri Davis
Reading of Obituary --------------------- Please read in silence
Acknowledgements, Condolences, Resolutions, and Telegrams ----------------------- Councilwoman Janee’ L. Ayers
Remarks------------------------ Family and Friends (In the interest of time 2 MINUTES please)
Solo ------------------------------------ Terri Davis
Eulogy--------------------- Rev. Oscar King III
Viewing -------------------- Pye Funeral Home


Grandad today I miss you a lot because all I have left is memories that I will cherish forever. I’m going to miss that smile I see every time I walk thru your door and the tightest hug you gave me to let me know your love is pure. It seems like yesterday we all were just together. I guess I have to realize that gone means forever.
Love your granddaughter Mariah





Honorable Pall bears
Eddie Gaylor Jr.
Edrick Gaylor


Flower Bearers
Family and Friends

Acknowledgements
The family of the late Eddie Gaylor Sr, acknowledges, with sincere appreciation, the many comforting messages, floral tributes, prayers, cards, and other acts of kindness in our time of bereavement. We say, “Thank You”.   May God continue to bless you. We ask that you continue to pray for our family.
The Gaylor Family

Funeral Arrangement were entrusted to:                                                         
Pye Funeral Home 
17600 Plymouth  
Detroit, MI 48227                         

Internment
Detroit Memorial Cemetery
25200 Plymouth Rd.
Redford, MI 48239                       

Repast
Immediately following Internment
Foster’s
25536 Lahser Rd. 
Southfield, MI 48033



No comments: