- Convert an adjacent 3.4 acre parcel into park land.
- Build a New Baseball Diamond, Soccer field and multi-use play areas.
- Build a New Riverfront Playscape
- Install new benches, picnic tables and shelter
- Improve Waterfront Promenade and Landscaping
|Future Plans for Riverside Park|
Subject to approval of State and Federal regulators, the City of Detroit will give the bridge company title to 3 acres of undeveloped park land. Upon receiving title to the property the Bridge Company will give the City an additional $2 million dollars for the expansion of the park that includes a 100ft river-walk on the waterfront. In addition to that, The Bridge Company will demolish the warehouse that is on 5 acre property adjacent to the park and grant development rights to the City of Detroit before the end of 2018.